10 Things to Do in Leavenworth, Washington this Summer
With ideal proximity to several major cities in the Pacific Northwest, Leavenworth, Washington, is a popular vacation spot. Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast or music lover, you’ll find a delightful assortment of summer activities that will have you exploring this quaint yet eventful Cascade Mountain community. In the heart of it all, NW Comfy Cabins offers several vacation rentals that promise to provide you with the perfect launchpad for creating a memorable getaway experience whether you’re traveling alone, with friends, or with family. To help you navigate the various warm-weather activities, we compiled a list of ten things to do in Leavenworth this summer.
Summertime Fun in Leavenworth, Washington
Once you arrive in Leavenworth, it doesn’t take long to realize why it’s a magnificent summer getaway destination. From perusing the shops downtown to trekking the many hiking trails, there is a wide range of things to do during the warmer months. You could be scaling the cliffs with the Northwest Mountain School in the morning and enjoying free live jazz at Icicle Ridge Winery to close out the night. The possibilities are endless!
10 Summer Activities to Enjoy in Leavenworth, Washington
Here are some of our favorite Leavenworth summer activities:
- The Audubon’s Great Washington State Birding Trail is a world-class destination for avian enthusiasts hoping to catch a glimpse of local specimens amid the Wenatchee River and Icicle Creek.
- Whitewater rafting in Leavenworth is a significant draw for summer adventurers looking for their next daring thrill. So much in fact that several river guides and outfitters are willing to take you along for a wet and wild ride!
- Kayaking, canoeing, and paddleboarding are immersive yet more laid-back ways to explore the nearby lakes and rivers if rafting is too extreme.
- Mountain climbing opportunities in the Leavenworth area are plentiful, making it a hidden gem for those who love getting up close and personal with craggy hillsides and towering granite walls.
- “Jazzamatazz” summer concert series at Icicle Ridge Winery is a Leavenworth staple enjoyed by visitors and locals.
- The Leavenworth Farmers Market is a great place to sample local produce, baked goods, and artisanal crafts.
- Shopping in Leavenworth offers a dazzling array of imported treasures, handcrafted sweets, old-world butchers, and natural body care products—just to name a few.
- The local hiking trails are well-suited for casual strolls to intense treks.
- Horseback riding in the valley and beyond is a classic way to experience the Washington Cascades’ picturesque beauty.
- Enchantment Park is the city’s hot spot for many outdoor activities and sports like softball, baseball, skateboarding, and biking. And the scenic trails and playground are a fantastic way for everyone from youngsters to seniors to enjoy the summer weather.
Leavenworth, Washington Cabin Vacation Rentals
Summer in Leavenworth offers something for everybody. No matter how you choose to spend your time, we invite you to make yourself at home. With pet-friendly lodging options, well-appointed accommodations, and ongoing specials, booking a stay with NW Comfy Cabins might be the easiest decision you make while living it up in our neck of the woods. To start planning your getaway, please contact us online or call 509-763-0180.